Blockchain Meet up - Feel The Future – Celje
The EU Blockchain meetup: Blockchain for Sustainable Development Goals, will be held on 19 October 2018 at 11:00 AM CEST at the ‘Feel the future’ trade fair for innovative digital solutions in Celje, Slovenia.
Industry 4.0 is happening now. Disruptive business models expand even more and make step ahead from what is recognized as disruptive at the moment. Blockchain technology is one of the most important forces in digital transformation, in private sector, in public sector, and in economy in general. European Union (EU) identified blockchain technology potential as a technology capable of tackling complex social and economic problems. The United Nations 2030 Agenda emphasizes the role that innovation plays in support of sustainable development.
We have recognised three main objectives:
- Providing a mutual learning space where policymakers and other relevant stakeholders can interact with their peers on the potential applications of blockchain technology and lessons learned from existing applications
- Promoting global multistakeholder partnerships to contribute to advancing the application of blockchain / distributed ledger technology for the implementation and monitoring of the SDGs.
- Showcasing how innovative startups and entrepreneurs are developing blockchain-based solutions / distributed ledger technology to solve issues related to the SDGs targets.
In order to enhance the dialogue and cooperation for creation of the legal and business framework, we invite you to the EU Blockchain Meetup. Use this unique opportunity to meet with representatives of the ecosystem comprised of business sector from European Union and beyond, supporting environment, as well as the governments, who are willing to advance and be open for future-looking approach, which will ultimately lead to a regulation friendly for companies who are developing their products on blockchain technologies.
The event is organised by EU BC Hub, the Government of the Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Slovenia, and Celje Fair, in cooperation with the European Commission, United Nations, The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, and partner organisations.
Registrations are open until 18 October 2018, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that participation is free of charge, but you have to buy a ticket to enter the ‘Feel the Future’ fair.
For more information about the ‘Feel the Future’ fair, visit www.feelthefuture.si
10.00 – 11.00 Registration
11.00 – 11.30 Introductory speeches
Zdravko Počivalšek, Minister, Ministry for Economy (tbc)
Blaž Golob, Director, EU Blockchain Hub
Blockchain and DLT in EU state of play, representative of European Commission or EU BC Observatory and Forum (tbc)
Blockchain and DLT in UN state of play, representative of UN (tbc)
11.30 – 12.00 Potentials of Blockchain technologies for SDG’s
Tadej Slapnik, Chairman of Advisory Board, EU Blockchain Hub
UNECE representative - white paper BC for SDG (tbc)
UNIDO representative – pilot project in Niš (tbc)
12.00 – 12.30 Rock Stars
12.30 – 13.00 Emerging stars
Note: Projects will be selected through global open call (see below).
13.00 – 13.30 Conclusions
13.30 – 15.00 Networking
CALL FOR PROJECTS – RAISING STARS
BLOCKCHAIN FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The European Blockchain Hub is inviting Blockchain start-up companies to actively participate at the EU Blockchain Meetup 2018, by submitting the project proposal. The meetup will be held as part of the ‘Feel the Future’ fair, to be held on 19 October 2018, in Celje, Slovenia. During the first EU Blockchain Meetup in 2017 »Raising Stars on Blockchain« were presented at the conference for the fist time and since they became success stories.
As this year’s conference is adding value to the Blockchain Environment and Ecosystem, we would like to invite Blockchain start-up companies and initiatives to join the Meetup.
Timeline: The pre-selection process starts 15 September 2018 and closes 10 October 2018.
The teams will be selected in accordance with the following selection criteria:
- Is the project or project initiative new and innovative (solutions which have not be implemented yet)?
- Is the project or project initiative solving the existing challenge(s) on the new innovative way?
- Is the project or project initiative based on blockchain / DLT technology (project shows the practical application of blockchain / DLT technology)?
- How the project or project initiative is contributing to achieving Sustainable Development Goals – SDG’s?
- The quality of project team
Projects will be rated from 1 to 5 (1 for poor prepared; 5 for best prepared).
Projects will be selected by an expert group of Advisory Board of European Blockchain Hub. The top 5 projects will be publicly announced and presented at the Conference EU Blockchain Meetup 2018.
Please submit your application to CALL FOR PROJECTS form until 10.10.2018.